Central California’s largest Architecture and Engineering Firm, TETER, LLP, has an opportunity on its Structural Engineering Team for an Engineer-In-Training. Under supervision, the Structural EIT learns and applies the basic principles of structural design while performing routine aspects of structural engineering assignments, gaining familiarity with building materials, building components, software programs, and firm operating procedures.
With offices in Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield, Modesto and San Luis Obispo, you will have the opportunity to work on projects located throughout Central California, in a variety of industries including education, local government, military, industrial, commercial, healthcare, and others.
- Performs drafting assignments with accuracy, neatness, and speed, including setting up sheets at the start of a new project, drafting and editing plans and details.
- Applies the basic principles of building elements including foundation and framing, and performs design tasks and calculations under supervision.
- Performs calculations for wood, steel, concrete, and masonry structural elements.
- Utilizes engineering software, including but not limited to Enercalc, Risa, RAM, etc., as well as utilizing, modifying and/or creating Excel spreadsheets for calculations.
- Researches and learns the basic principles of the building codes and standards applicable to structural design, including the CBC, ASCE 7-05, ACI, etc.
- Works closely with senior engineering staff to provide solutions during Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents phases; and assists senior engineering staff with solutions during the Bidding and Construction Administration phases.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis, Structural Engineering, or Architectural Engineering.
- Possess, or will possess within 6 months, Engineer-In-Training Certificate in the State of California.
- 0-2 years of experience in an Intern or Engineer-In-Training role.
- Increasing ability in reading/interpreting a construction document set.
- Proficient in, or have the ability to become proficient in, office drafting standards using AutoCAD, REVIT, etc.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology, as well as engineering mechanics, materials, and component design.
- Ability to work well with others, follow instructions, and communicate professionally.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation based on experience. Benefits take effect on the 1st of the month following the date of employment and include medical, dental and employee-paid vision plans. A cafeteria plan, 401(k) plans, supplemental insurance, and Wellness and Gym programs are also available.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and samples of relevant professional work in a single pdf (no larger than 7mb) to email@example.com.