Structural Engineer-In-Training: Fresno Office
Do you have 2-4 years of experience in structural design and drafting, and haveyour EIT Certificate? Are you looking for a growing firm with an awesome culture, training opportunities, amazing benefits, and more? If so, TETER Architects + Engineers may be the next step in your career!
TETER, LLP, is a full-service, award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving clients throughout California’s Central Valley and Central Coast. While we recently opened two new offices, our three other offices are continuing to thrive. To support this growth, we are looking for an Structural Engineer-In-Training to join our Fresno Office. Assigned projects may include education, local government, military, industrial, commercial, and healthcare.
You will gain valuable experience in a true A+E environment by performing routine aspects of structural engineering assignments, gaining familiarity with building materials (wood, steel, concrete and masonry structural elements), building components (foundation and framing), software programs, and firm operating procedures.
The successful Structural Engineer-In-Training must be able to:
- Adhere to the Firm’s high standards of quality and performance, performing assignments with accuracy, neatness and speed;
- Follow instructions thoroughly and grasp concepts with high attention to detail;
- Work closely with senior engineering staff and collaborate across multiple disciplines;
- Apply the basic principles of building codes and standards applicable to structural design, including the CBC, ASCE 7-05, ACI, etc.; and
- Utilize engineering software, including but not limited to Enercalc, Risa, RAM, etc., as well as Excel spreadsheets for calculations.
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis, Structural Engineering, or Architectural Engineering;
- Earned Civil Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certificate;
- Two to four years of experience as an EIT performing structural design and drafting;
- Experience using REVIT including preparing construction documents;
- Proficiency in reading/interpreting a construction document set; and
- Knowledge of engineering terminology, mechanics, materials, and component design.
Compensation is based on experience. Traditional benefits include medical, dental, employee-paid vision, Cafeteria plan, and 401k, all taking effect on the 1st of the month following the date of employment. TETER also offers multiple benefits to help employees maintain positive work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and samples of relevant professional work in a single pdf (no larger than 7mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.