Civil or Structural Project Engineer
TETER A+E, Central California’s largest Architecture and Engineering Firm, is looking to grow our Structural Team with a licensed Structural Project Engineer or Civil Project Engineer with experience in structural engineering.
TETER A+E provides comprehensive building design services, including Architecture plus Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, in one firm. From our offices in Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield, Modesto and San Luis Obispo, we are able to serve a variety of industries—K-12 and higher education, food processing, federal/military, healthcare, energy, local government, etc.–throughout Central California.
The Structural or Civil Project Engineer will be responsible for independently planning and conducting project work including structural engineering and calculations; cross-discipline system design; AutoCAD/REVIT drafting; preparing details and specifications; providing construction administration support; etc.
Additionally, the Structural/Civil Project Engineer must have project management experience as he/she will be responsible for managing project teams; workplanning and coordinating manpower; managing client relationships; coordinating with in-house and external architects, engineers, technicians, and sub-consultants; planning and managing project financials; creating proposals; and overseeing the creation of project documents throughout all phases of assigned projects.
LICENSE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer (for Civil Project Engineer) or Structural Engineer (for Structural Project Engineer) in the State of California, or the ability to obtain California registration within 6 months of employment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis, Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of structural-related work experience as a Professional Engineer and in Project Management.
- Proficient in office drafting standards, especially in AutoCAD and/or REVIT.
- Experienced in all levels of construction document development.
- Ability to work well with others (team player) and follow instructions.
- Documented leadership skills/abilities are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation based on experience. Benefits take effect on the 1st of the month following the date of employment and include medical, dental and employee-paid vision plans. A cafeteria plan, 401(k) plans, supplemental insurance, and Wellness and Gym programs are also available.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and samples of relevant professional work in a single pdf (no larger than 7mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.