Architectural Intern II for our New Modesto Office
Central California’s largest firm offering in-house A+E services, TETER Architects + Engineers, is now hiring for our new office in Modesto! With TETER’s acquisition of Modesto-based Pacific Design Associates, Inc., we are looking for an Architectural Intern to join our established firm and support this new partnership.
The Architectural Intern will assist with a variety of private and/or public sector projects, including education, military, local government, industrial, commercial, and healthcare. You’ll gain invaluable experience in a true A+E environment. The successful Architectural Intern must be able to collaborate with team members, learn from seasoned professionals, and continue the AXP (IDP) and ARE paths to licensure.
- Performs routine aspects of architectural assignments, providing drafting support to the architectural team and adhering to the Firm’s high quality of standards.
- Prints, scans, plots, and collates drawings and other project documents.
- Assists project team with typing and printing of specifications, transmittals, and other project documents as instructed by their supervisor.
- Develop a general knowledge of building systems and how to assemble a set of construction documents.
- Assists in the collection of data and/or field verification.
- Develop a general knowledge of basic building code.
- 4-year degree in Architecture, Construction, or other related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional architecture environment, construction, or related field.
- In pursuit of California Architect license, including NCARB and CAB registration and progression of reported AXP (IDP) hours.
- AutoCAD and/or REVIT experience is required.
- Ability to follow instructions, grasp concepts with high attention to detail, and develop drawings from minimal written direction by the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of building design from DD through CD phases, basic architectural terminology, architectural materials, and building components.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation based on experience. Benefits take effect on the 1st of the month following the date of employment and include medical, dental and employee-paid vision plans. A cafeteria plan, 401(k) plans, supplemental insurance, and Wellness and Gym programs are also available.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and samples of relevant professional work in a single pdf (no larger than 7mb) to email@example.com.