Architectural Intern II for our New Modesto Office
Central California’s largest firm offering in-house A+E services, TETER Architects + Engineers, is now hiring for our new office in Modesto! With TETER’s acquisition of Modesto-based Pacific Design Associates, Inc., we are looking for an Architectural Intern to join our established firm and support this new partnership.
The Architectural Intern will primarily assist Architects and Project Managers with education and public sector projects, allowing him/her to gain invaluable experience in a true A+E environment. The successful Architectural Intern will collaborate with team members, learn from season professionals, and continue the AXP (IDP) and ARE paths to licensure.
- Performs routine aspects of architectural assignments, providing drafting support to the architectural team and adhering to the Firm’s high quality of standards.
- Prints, scans, plots, and collates drawings and other project documents.
- Assists project team with typing and printing of specifications, transmittals, and other project documents as instructed by their supervisor.
- Develop a general knowledge of building systems and how to assemble a set of construction documents.
- Assists in the collection of data and/or field verification.
- Develop a general knowledge of basic building code.
- 4-year degree in Architecture, Construction, or other related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in a professional architecture environment, construction, or related field.
- In pursuit of California Architect license, including NCARB and CAB registration and progression of reported AXP (IDP) hours.
- AutoCAD and/or REVIT experience is required.
- Ability to follow instructions, grasp concepts with high attention to detail, and develop drawings from minimal written direction by the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of building design from DD through CD phases, basic architectural terminology, architectural materials, and building components.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation based on experience. Benefits take effect on the 1st of the month following the date of employment and include medical, dental and employee-paid vision plans. A cafeteria plan, 401(k) plans, supplemental insurance, and Wellness and Gym programs are also available.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and samples of relevant professional work in a single pdf (no larger than 7mb) to email@example.com.